Too often our minds turn to tasks incomplete, dreams unmet, problems in our society and environment that feel overwhelming. Tune into the news and a majority of the time the message is not one of uplift, instead exacerbating fear, unease and frustration. We get to work or gather with our friends and family, and often unconsciously, the conversation is dominated by a shared commiserating over our aches and pains, our losses… or, the news!
There is a saying that what you tend to grows. How do you begin to grow a personal garden of appreciation? What can you celebrate today? What if you found something to celebrate EVERYDAY?!
Did you wake up today? YES! That is a great start.
Here are some fun ideas to cultivate more celebration in your life:
- Celebrate the fact that you made it through another Monday with a favorite meal.
- Surprise your family and friends by remembering special anniversaries.
- Starting a new project or recommitting to a goal? Mark it with a celebration and invite your friends to join in. Sharing your vision will give you a boost of support!
- Throw last minute pot lucks and ask your guests to share their triumphs (nothing is too small!)
- Remember the random fun from younger days? Plan a meetup at the bowling alley or skating rink or arcade. Call an emergency fun day! Throw in a goodie bag for extra measure.
- Try planning some special private celebrations for you to look forward to, and stick to it. New Music Mondays, Bubble bath Wednesdays, Facial Fridays… you get the idea!
When you take time out to celebrate the little things, your body is flooded with feel good endorphins and neurotransmitters. The more you do it, the more these good feelings grow, and you begin to notice more and more things to appreciate in your life. It’s contagious too. Get on this feel good feedback loop and see how it grows you and touches all your relationships!
Have a celebration idea? I would love to hear about it. Comment and share your ideas.
Come celebrate with me on Tuesday, February 16th at the CinergE for Women Healing and Sharing Potluck at the Woodstock Community Center, 6:30-8:30 P.M. I will be giving an introduction to Life Coaching and talking about Living Your Heart’s Desire. Email me at MelissaEppardCoaching@gmail.com to RSVP. $20. suggested donation, proceeds going to Jane Street Feral Cat Colony, Saugerties NY